Floods! And Reaching 100 Followers!

Hi my loves! How are you all? I want to start this post by saying the BIGGEST THANK YOU EVER to all you lovely angels that follow my blog! Over the weekend, I reached 100 followers, and I was so happy!!! For some, 100 might not seem like much, but for me, who has only had a blog for a little under 2 months, it is a huge achievement! I love the sweet comments all you lovely lot leave me, and I am so glad that you all enjoy my blog and take the time out of your day to read it! I also love finding new blogs to read, and really love networking with everyone through social media. I am definitely so happy that I started to blog and am very proud of it (It’s like my little baby!), and I look forward to seeing where it will be in the next few months! Again, I just want to thank you all so much .. and please do let me know if there are any specific posts/reviews/tags you want me to do!

Well lets got on with this post then! I have an outfit and update for you all (Woooo!). It is featuring some of the things I showed in one of my previous blog posts.. and I thought it is always best to show how a certain item looks on and also what you can pair it with! Now I actually took these outfit photos over the weekend, when the weather was horrendous! Gale force winds, constant rain.. basically a nightmare to take outfit photos in! I woke up on Sunday morning, my outfit all planned.. but all I could hear was the wind howling and the rain against the windows… Great. Thankfully .. it calmed down in the afternoon for me (yay!). We actually went to a place called Otley for the afternoon .. the original plan was to go to Harrogate, but unfortunately everything was flooded and the roads were blocked! So, we spent an hour or so wandering round a garden centre (which was Christmassy by the way!), then headed over to see the how bad the flooding was (It was VERY bad!).

So.. lets see the outfit photos first (Please mind the murky, grey background guys .. I guess that is British weather for you ey?).

SAM_2434

I was attempting to fix my scarf in this picture – Damn you wind!SAM_2453

(By the way .. I know my owl necklace is the wrong way round.. I blame the wind again .. haha)SAM_2458SAM_2448

So lets talk about the outfit first! The jumper and midi skirt were my new purchases from New Look! I am in love with both pieces – they are so comfortable and I personally think the colours go so well together! I also felt so cozy with my fur gilet, warm tights and black boots! Despite the crazy wind and rain, I did manage to keep really warm! I also decided to wear a necklace today (something I do not normally do).. But at one point I was SO obsessed with wearing owl necklaces.. I would never go a day without it! Yay for digging out old favourites πŸ˜›SAM_2436SAM_2441

SAM_2446SAM_2439

Also.. look how lovely and festive everything in the garden centre looks! Can you believe they also had a Santa’s Grotto already?! It looked so pretty.. I think garden centres at this time of the year are amazing!

SAM_2459

To finish off the look, I wore my leopard print scarf, my black satchel, and the much loved 107 lipstick πŸ™‚

Full Outfit Details:

Skirt and Jumper – New Look

Gilet and Boots – Primark

Bag – New Look

Lipstick – 107 Kate Moss by RimmelΒ

Scarf – MarketΒ

SAM_2467SAM_2482SAM_2484

Anyways lovelies .. back to the floods! So, we were all set to drive to Harrogate but were stopped by police to say the roads had been closed due to the nearby river bursting (!!). So, we diverted, but got stopped again, as more roads were closed (oh dear!). Eventually, we actually drove to the bridge that the river goes under… Take a look at the pictures below to see how bad the flood got!

SAM_2462SAM_2463I have actually never seen a flood like this in person .. so for me it was quite a shock! I think the people that live in Otley are used to it, as all the kids were riding their bikes through the water (!!).Β Afterward – we finally managed to find a road that took us home (yay!).. I was glad to be home and get in my pj’s!

So that was my crazy Sunday guys .. I hope you all had a lovely weekend (even though it seems so long ago now!!). This week has just been a busy one at work as usual .. and my evenings are spent relaxing, catching up on your blogs and getting to know you all more too!

I have quite an exciting post coming up next which should hopefully give some of you tips for the upcoming busy festive season! I really hope you enjoy it!

Lots of love,

Saira xo

Social Media Links:

Twitter

Instagram

Blog Lovin’

Share:

42 Comments

1. _Marielli
    November 17, 2015 / 9:06 pm

Love your scarf and owl necklace !! I’m going to follow you on Twitter also πŸ™‚

2. November 17, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Congratulations on 100 followers hun! Huge achievement! 😊 the flooding was awful yesterday! My train got cancelled 😒😒 outfit on point as usual!

• November 18, 2015 / 8:26 am

I know I am very proud ! Oh dear ! Thanks so much for reading and supporting me lovely ! Xx

3. November 17, 2015 / 10:38 pm

Congrats on 100 followers lovely, here’s to the next 100!
    Loving your outfit, your boots are lush. It’s a shame about this weather we’re having at the moment, I sure hope it passes soon! x

Kathryn | Chapters of Kat ❀

• November 18, 2015 / 8:28 am

Ahh fingers crossed ! Thanks so much girlie for supporting me ! .. I know I love the boots soo much ! I know hopefully it will get better soon ! Xx

4. November 18, 2015 / 1:08 am

You are such a beauty. I love this outfit – that vest is amazing! That flood is so crazy, I’ve never seen anything like it before – glad you made it home safely. And congratulations on 100 followers! So exciting! Keep up the amazing work! XOXO

• November 18, 2015 / 6:07 pm

You are too sweet baby girl ! I know how bad are they ! Thanks so much !! I know .. Will do princess thanks for reading !
      Xx

5. November 18, 2015 / 2:12 am

Congratulations on the 100 followers!! I love your outfit as always especially the owl necklace. Too cute
    And wow the flood!! I have never experienced flood either.

6. November 18, 2015 / 2:14 am

Whoa crazy weather. It’s been raining here too and our streets are flooding…again..
    And congrats on reaching 100 followers!! πŸ™‚

7. November 18, 2015 / 2:22 am

Congrats on 100 followers!! I love your outfit – looks so chic! πŸ™‚
    the flooding looks crazy!!

Lee – leethrifts.blogspot.com

8. November 18, 2015 / 7:27 am

Congratulations on reaching 100! Well done

9. November 18, 2015 / 12:17 pm

Congrats on the followers πŸ™‚ I love the owl necklace, so cute! Also your outfit looks so cosy. It’s especially bitter up here in Scotland but my problem is that when I try to be cosy I always just end up looking like a big ball of fluff haha x

• November 18, 2015 / 6:13 pm

Ahh your comment made me smile LOADS baby girl ! I am sure you would look ADORABLE all cosy .. Being cosy is all about wearing so many things you look like a fluff ball! You work it in sure you’d look great πŸ™‚ xx

10. November 19, 2015 / 12:23 am

I love that skirt – you do look very cosy for our English winter! Congratulations on your landmark – no landmark is too small, always recognise and appreciate what you’ve achieved!

Rebecca xx

• November 19, 2015 / 9:29 pm

I know I am so in love with the skirt! Thank you so much .. this comment really made me smile and is so true !
      xx

11. November 19, 2015 / 12:26 am

I love the skirt – you do look cosy for our English winter! Congratulations on your landmark – always recognise and appreciate your achievements!

Rebecca xx

Northernsoulbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

12. November 19, 2015 / 5:39 am

I absolutely love how cozy, yet glamorous your outfit is! Also, congratulations on reaching 100 followers, lovely! πŸ™‚

13. November 19, 2015 / 2:13 pm

Congrats! I love your scarf, I’m craving lots of leopard print at the moment.

lilyrachel.wordpress.com

Rachel xx

14. November 19, 2015 / 4:43 pm

Congrats on the 100 followers! And wow, that flood looks crazy! Haha.

15. November 23, 2015 / 6:48 pm

Love the pics despite the rain and flooding. I especially love the holiday background. I hope the weather is much better now.

16. November 24, 2015 / 6:55 pm

That flood is seriously scary hon.
    Hope the weather is nice with you now, girlie. Yay and big congrats on 100 followers, honey!! You deserve all that and more!
    I completely agree it is a big achievement. No matter how many people decide to follow you, I am also thankful for each and every one because they CHOSE to stick around with me πŸ™‚
    You look fab as always! Loving your scarf loads! The colour & the print is gorgeous on you <3
    xox Nadia

• November 24, 2015 / 7:48 pm

Yay baby girl your comments love them so much !! I know the floods were bad! I know I am so proud and thankful for all you lovely followers ! You are too kind girl thank you so much !
      Saira xx